Follicular Unit Transplant, aka strip method transplant, is the most popular and the most demanded hair transplantation method among masses, courtesy its affordable price. Considering the results and the affordable cost of FUT procedure, it would be fair enough to say that this traditional hair transplantation technique has made the hair transplant procedure popular among masses. Prior to the introduction of strip removal technique, surgeons used to extract bunches of hair (plugs) from the donor site and plant them in the bald areas. The results were highly unnatural and unsatisfactory, looking like doll hair. This is why most people preferred to remain bald rather than having a doll-like thatch.
But with advancements in surgical hair restoration finer methods like FUT and FUE were introduced. These methods have not only enhanced graft quality but also the ultimate outcome of the surgery as well. Now the surgeons are able to produce such natural looking results that even your hair stylist would fail to distinguish transplanted hair from natural hair.
How FUT method is performed
FUT procedure is simple and safe. The surgeon starts by administering local anesthesia to the donor area (the back or the side of the scalp) to numb it and then excises a linear strip of hair bearing skin from there. This strip is then dissected under a stereo microscope to separate individual hair follicles for plantation. These follicles are then transplanted into the areas with hair thinning or bald patches.
FUT Hair Transplant Cost
FUT method is often compared with the more advanced FUE hair transplantation method, which involves extraction of hair follicles one by one directly from the donor area. Since strip method offers a convenient and time efficient method to extract large number of donor hair follicles, it costs significantly less than the alternative FUE method. Estimated average cost of FUT hair transplant in Dubai is AED 10-AED 12 per graft. However, it can vary from person to person depending mainly upon following three factors:
- Number of grafts required
- Experience and surgical skills of the surgeon
- Geographic location of your provider
FUT Procedure Recovery Period
FUT hair transplant does not involve lengthy recovery period. Most patients are able to resume routine activities within 3 to 5 days. Your recovery speed depends primarily on how good you take care of your scalp post transplant. To make sure you recover quickly and uneventfully, it is important that you carefully follow post-op instructions of your surgeon. Here are some tips that will help you protect treated area from any potential harm:
- Sleep with your head elevated at an angle of 45 degrees – at least two pillows under the neck
- Don’t wash your scalp right after the surgery. Visit clinic on the third day and the clinic staff would wash your scalp. After that you will be allowed to do it yourself.
- Don’t let shower water fall directly on the scalp or it will dislodge your hair follicles, which certainly need some time to attach themselves to the new place. Carefully, pour water with the help of a bowl on your scalp and wash your head gently.
- Avoid customized shampoos loaded with harsh chemicals. Instead use a baby shampoo to wash your scalp
- Don’t resume any strenuous activities – exercise, running, jogging, sports etc. – until two weeks after surgery.
- Do not try to brush or massage the treated area for 10 to 14 days at least
FUT Hair transplant is the most sought after hair loss solution. It not only reverses the hair loss but also helps restore the lost self esteem and self-confidence.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION
If you need more information about FUT Procedure Cost and Recovery Period in Dubai, feel free to contact our experienced surgeons. Fill consultation form below and earn a FREE CONSULTATION now with one of our highly skilled surgeons.