Hair transplant is a favorite choice of men and women who have lost their hair due to continuous hair fall. Permanency in its results gives the surgery a competitive edge over all other treatments that have ever been used to restore hair. Medicines like Minoxidil and Finasteride are also losing their popularity because now hair loss patients want a permanent solution.
Hair transplant is considered the best hair loss treatment in Dubai as well as all other parts of the world. It works by relocating your existing hair follicles from an area of thick and healthy hair growth to an area with hair thinning or bald patches. Usually, hair follicles are extracted from the back or the sides of the scalp with the help of traditional strip harvesting method or modern FUE technique. In strip harvesting, also known as FUT, surgeon excises a linear strip of hair bearing skin from the donor area, which is then dissected to acquire hair grafts. While in case of FUE, surgeon extracts each hair follicle individually using specially designed punch tool. These extracted hair follicles are stored in saline solution to make sure that they do not die outside the body.
In the next phase of the surgery, the surgeon makes tiny holes in the recipient area – the area where hair growth is required. Extracted hair follicles are then carefully placed in these holes and this concludes the hair transplant surgery.
What should you expect after hair transplant?
You cannot see the results of the surgery immediately because it takes around three to four months for hair follicles to develop blood supply and grow hair. Another thing that you must expect from your surgery is a meticulous post-op care. Your surgeon will brief you regarding post-op care that will ensure quick recovery and best results from your treatment. Usually, the instructions include following.
- Sleep with your head two or three pillows high (elevated at 45 degrees angle) for at least a week.
- Do not smoke or drink, and also limit the intake of caffeine and black colas.
- Do not resume your gym or workout routine for at least a couple of weeks.
- Do not wash your head until your sutures are opened. The clinic staff will wash your scalp for the first time and after that you will be allowed to wash with due care.
- In start use only baby shampoo as it is not a good idea to expose newly planted follicles to harsh chemicals.
- Don’t let the shower water fall directly on your head as it may dislodge freshly transplanted hair follicles. Rather, gently pour water over your head using a bowl.
- Do not rub, scratch or massage the treated area. Also avoid picking at the scab and touching your head unnecessarily.
What should you not expect from hair transplant?
No doubt, hair transplant is the best hair loss treatment in Dubai but there are certain limitations and you must not expect result which it cannot offer. For example,
- Hair transplant helps you cover a bald patch or enhance hair density in thinning areas, but it does not increase the overall volume of your hair. Your total hair count remains the same.
- Hair transplant surgery cannot stop or affect your hair fall by any means possible. All it does is grow transplanted hair in the affected areas of the scalp.
Hair transplant surgery offers the best solution for permanent hair loss problems, such as androgenic alopecia in men. Hundreds of hair loss patients from neighboring gulf countries travel to Dubai every month because the city offers hair transplant at highly competitive cost as compared to the cost of hair transplant in most of the developed countries.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you are interested in getting a Hair Transplant in Dubai, fill the form below and earn a FREE CONSULTATION with one of our highly skilled hair transplant surgeons.