Many people get confused between the hair plugs and the hair transplants. If you are also a victim of hair loss and looking to get a hair transplant surgery. But you are also confused like other people, in between hair plugs and hair transplants.
So here, you will learn the difference between both procedures before making a final decision.
Get your Hair Loss Treatment Options Evaluated:
First, you should consult a hair transplant surgeon at the hair transplant clinic for the evaluation of your hair loss treatment options.
Examination of your Scalp:
The hair transplant surgeon will examine your scalp including your donor and recipient areas. Then he will tell you the severity of your hair loss.
If your hair loss is progressing and it’s in early stages then the hair transplant surgeon will recommend you to get a suitable hair loss treatment.
But if your hair loss has already reached to the worse stage then the hair transplant surgeon will recommend you to get a FUE hair transplant in Dubai from the hair transplant clinic.
The Difference between Hair Plugs and Hair Transplants:
Well, before starting the pros and cons of hair transplants vs. hair plugs, it’s important for you to know the similarity between both procedures.
The Similarity between Hair Plugs and Hair Transplants:
Both procedures involve the extraction of hair follicles from the donor areas and the implantation of the extracted hair follicles at the recipient regions.
The terms, hair plugs and hair transplants are being used incorrectly. Nowadays hair plugs are considered an old-fashioned technique when it comes to hair restoration. No doubt that for some decades, it was the best technique for the treatment of hair loss.
Hair Plugs are Out-Dated:
The idea of hair plugs is quite outdated and the procedure is now rarely used by the hair transplant surgeons. The reason for the decline of hair plugs is that the hair restoration field is now advanced.
Difference between Hair Plugs and Hair Transplants:
1. Hair plugs are very invasive/ painful.
2. The healing process takes a lot of time.
3. Results of the hair plugs are very unsatisfactory and provide a patchy head of hair.
4. The tissues of the hair grafts are sometimes extracted quite large and it’s implanted into the recipient area randomly.
1. Hair transplants are almost painless and a least invasive hair loss treatment option.
2. The recovery process is quick.
3. Results of the hair transplants are satisfactory and it shows long lasting, realistic with a full head of hair.
4. Extraction of tiny hair grafts from the donor areas then its implantation at the recipient region in proper angles and at right locations.
FUE Hair Transplant:
And in the end, the hair transplant surgeon will help you to understand about the FUE hair transplant.
- Hair is extracted from your donor area like the back or sides of your scalp and then its implanted to your recipient regions.
- The hair is then implanted in groups of 1 to 4 hairs, to replicate natural hair growth.
- There are no gaps or visible changes in the donor area and the whole procedure is done with microsurgery which leaves no scars in general.
Experienced and well-trained hair transplant surgeons at the hair transplant clinic are required to perform the FUE hair transplant surgery, without making mistakes. This hair transplant can provide better results in short span of time without causing side effects. FUE hair transplant can treat a high hairline and it reduces the donor linear scarring too.
Advantages of Getting a FUE Hair Transplant:
- Also, provides you the maximum hair density.
- It’s a painless hair transplant procedure.
- It doesn’t leave prominent scars and you won’t have to be embarrassed due to scars or permanent linear scarring on your scalp.
- It consumes less time in the surgery.
- You won’t have to suffer from the shock loss phenomenon too, which occurs after getting a hair transplant surgery.
- It has quick healing and recovery process.
- Your extracted hair follicles won’t be damaged during the extraction process.
- There will be no stitches or scalpels on your scalp.
- It shows visible, everlasting and realistic results
- Body hair can also be used if you have less donor hair supply.
- The healthy hair follicles at your donor areas will only be extracted from the implantation process.